Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUSOK) is now accepting submissions from members of its community for its 2021 Software Development Competition. The deadline for the submission of applications is 29th September 2021.
UDUSOK Software Development Competition – Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUSOK) hereby announces a Software Competition aimed at developing indigenous innovative Social Media Applications Platforms in Nigeria. Through this event, the University aims to harness the talent within its community to develop applications that allow for comprehensive social networking and content sharing among users. Other aspects to be addressed by the applications include but are not limited to:
- Mitigation of the spread of fake news.
- Development of innovative features to support education.
- Promotion of collaboration among users.
UDUSOK Software Development Competition Objectives
- Promote competition and entrepreneurship among students and the larger community
- Promote good product development
- Raise awareness
UDUSOK Software Development Competition Awards
Applications will be selected and awarded for the following categories:
- Best App for Development Awards (First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize and 3 Honourable Mentions).
- Popular Choice Award
- Vice Chancellor’s Recognition Award
UDUSOK Software Development Competition Judging Criteria
Submissions will be judged on the following three criteria:
- Quality of the idea (including creativity and originality) (10 points);
- Implementation of the idea (including user experience, design and performance) (15 points);
- Potential impact on any or all of the competition objectives (2 points per objectives met. Total points).
How to Enter UDUSOK Software Development Competition
Interested participants must register on the University webpage by creating an account between 12/07/2021 and 26/07/2021. Registrants will receive an email which they must use to verify their account.
The registration portal closes on 26/07/2021.
Online Submission Requirements:
Each contestant will be required to provide the following as part of irs entry (“Submission”):
- A link to the Application
- A video of the Application
- A text description of the Application
- At least one photograph of the working software Application
- Electronic acknowledgement through the website that the entrant(s) have read and agreed to be bound by the Official Rules
- Submissions must be original software applications solely owned by the entrant(s)
- Submissions must be free of indecency, defamation, violence, pornography, hatred, inciting violence or violation of legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.