JAMB Chemistry Questions and Answers 2022
The following are good samples of the JAMB likely chemistry questions 2022 and their answers:
1. Which element is oxidized and which is the oxidizing agent in this equation 4NH3 + 5O2 4NO + 6H2O?
O and O2
N and NH3
H and NH3
O and NH3
N and O2
Check also: JAMB Recommended novel for 2022
The correct answer is N and O2 (option E)
2. How many number of atoms of aluminum are in 3.50 grams of Al2O3?
6 x 1022
13 x 1022
61 x 1022
4 x 1022
The correct answer is (a) 4.13 x 1022
3. Which of the following elements is an alkaline earth metal in period 3 of the periodic table?
The correct answer is Mg (option A)
Check out: JAMB Biology Questions and Answers here
4. The isoelectronic species with the smallest radius is_____?
The correct answer is Sr2+
5. Calculate the formula weight of Al2(SO4)3.18H2O.
The correct answer is 666.4g
6. The solutions of weak acids have lower concentrations of Hydrogen ion H+ than solutions of strong acids.
Acids has no concentrations
None of the above
All of the above
The correct answer is TRUE (Option A)
7. What is the empirical formula for an oxide of lead (Pb) which contains 90.65% Pb, by weight.
The correct answer is Pb3O4
8. Which of the following elements has the lowest first ionization energy?
The correct answer is Xe
9. Calculate the oxidation number of carbon (C) in this compound (K2CO3)
The correct answer is +4
10. Which one among the following compounds is a weak acid?
The correct answer is HF
Check out: JAMB Physics Questions and Answers here
Possible JAMB Questions and Answers for Chemistry 2022
The following are more possible chemistry questions and answers for JAMB 2022 that you may like to practice alongside your JAMB Chemistry past questions and answers:
1. What is the percent by weight of C in 154 g of C4H8O3?
The correct answer is 46%
2. The most likely soluble base among the following is___?
See also: JAMB Mathematics Questions and Answers here
The correct answer is NaOH
3. Titration can be used to determine the concentration of a solution.
The concentration of a solution cannot be determined
None of the above
The correct answer is True
4. Which among these is an ionic hydride?
The correct answer is KH
5. What is the mass in grams of 2.6 x 1022 chlorine atoms?
The correct answer is 1.5g
6. Which of the following salt will be formed when HClO3 react with Ba(OH)2?
The correct answer is Ba(ClO3)2
7. All except one, increase down the group for alkaline earth metals
First ionization energy
The correct answer is first ionization energy
8. The net ionic equation for the reaction between a strong acid soluble base is______?
H+ + OH– → H2O
H– + OH+ → H2O
H3+ + 2OH– → H2O
H2+ + OH2- → H2O
The correct answer is H+ + OH– → H2O
9. The elements with the greatest attraction for electrons in a covalent bond is ____?
The correct answer is Br
10. Calculate the empirical formula of a compound with 14.4% of hydrogen and 85.6% of carbon by mass.
The correct answer is CH2
Check: JAMB Use of English Questions and Answers here
JAMB Past Questions and Answers for Chemistry 2022
Below are few JAMB Chemistry past questions and answers to practice. We advise you to get JAMB past questions and answers booklet and study other chemistry past questions.
1. Neutralization reaction involves the reaction between an acid and base to produce____?
Salt and Water
The correct answer is Salt and Water
2. The element with the largest atomic radius is____?
The correct answer is Rb
3. Which among these oxides is the most basic oxide?
The correct answer is Bi2O5
4. How many atoms are there in one mole of CH3OH?
6 x 1024
2 x 1023
12 x 1023
87 x 1024
The correct answer 3.6 x 1024
5. Which of these salts is insoluble?
The correct answer is BaCO3