Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU) is now selling postgraduate admission forms for the 2021/2022 academic session is out. IBBU postgraduate form is obtainable online.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State, Postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
IBBU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Candidates are advised to read the specific entry requirements on the Advert:
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes:
Applicants must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Third Class Degree
- HND from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter
- 5 O’ Level Credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Any other qualification that is acceptable to the Senate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
2. Master’s Programmes:
Applicant must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division honours from recognised institutions.
- NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate/letter.
- 5 O’ Level credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates for English Language and Literature must possess credit in O’Level Literature.
- Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who also, possess a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
- The minimum duration of the Master’s degree is 18 months.
- The PGD Management and MBA programmes will hold their lectures at IBB University Suleja Campus.
3. PhD. Degree Programmes:
Applicant must possess:
Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programme of IBB University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of IBB University or any other University recognized by the Senate of IBB University in the relevant discipline.
To qualify for direct entry into the PhD degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent of 60% in Master’s (M.A./M.Sc.) degree result. Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50-3.99 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent (55-59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil./Ph.D. programme in the respective discipline.
Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the PhD programme except they have obtained M.Sc. degrees in relevant fields.
A PhD degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates. Relevant Courses will be taken for the PhD studies where prescribed, and a Thesis is required at the end of the PhD programme.
How to Apply for IBBU Postgraduate Admission Form
All interested applicants should visit the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai website portal: portals.ibbu.edu.ng/pgapp for available courses, requirements, details of the purchase, filling and submission of the online forms. Please note the following information:
- The cost of each application form is N20, 300.00.
- Sale of application forms and submission ends on 31st August 2022.
- The phone number and e-mail addresses of the applicant should reflect in the online application form.
- The phone numbers and e-mail address of the applicant’s referees should be included in the online application form.
- Applicants are to ensure that they meet the basic entry requirements of five O’Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings. Candidates for English Language and English Literature programmes must have at least a credit in Literature at O’Level.
- All candidates are to present themselves for physical screening on a date to be announced soon.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
P.M.B. 11, Lapai, Niger State, Nigeria.