Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM), invites applications for the Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies (VTS) Programme for the 2023/2024 academic session. Suitably qualified candidates seeking admission opportunities in vocational and technical studies can now apply for the various specialized programmes available under this preliminary programme. This blog post details the available programmes, entry qualifications, and the application process for prospective students.
|🎓 University||Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM)|
|📜 Programme||Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies (VTS)|
|📅 Session||Admission for 2023/2024 Academic Session|
|📘 Specialisations||Business Education, Technology Education, etc.|
|🏫 Entry Qualification||Minimum of four (4) credits including English Language|
|💻 Application||Online applications, specific to programme requirements|
|💰 Fee||Non-refundable application fee of five thousand (5,000) naira|
|📆 Deadline||Applications will close on Friday 24th November 2023|
Available Pre-VTS Programmes at BSUM
BSUM’s Preliminary VTS Programme opens doors to admission in the following programmes:
- B. Sc. (Ed) Business Education
Specialization options in:
- B.Sc. (Ed) Technology Education
Specialization options in:
- Automobile Mechanic Building Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Metal Work
- Welding and Fabrication
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Woodwork
- Agricultural Mechanic
Entry Qualifications for BSUM Pre-VTS Admission
General Entry Requirements
Candidates are required to possess a minimum of four (4) credits, including English Language in:
- NABTEB (NTC or NBC)
- C & GI or II
- Federal Craft Training Certificate
Or any other equivalent qualifications as approved by the University.
- Business Education: Four (4) O Level credits including English Language and any three (3) from Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Marketing, Commerce, ICT, or any business/vocational subject.
- Computer Science: Four (4) O Level credits including English Language and any three (3) from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, ICT, or NTC subjects.
- Home Economics: Four (4) O Level credits including English Language and any three (3) relevant subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Food Science & Nutrition, and Home Economics.
- Industrial Technology Education: Four (4) O Level credits including English Language and any three (3) from Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry, ICT, or NTC subjects.
How to Apply for BSUM Pre-VTS Admission
- Start the Application: Visit Benue State University portal and click on “Pre-Voc & Tech” under applications to complete the pre-registration information and submit.
- Print Pre-registration Form: Once submitted, print a copy of the pre-registration form with the generated application number.
- Payment of Application Fee: Proceed to the bank with the printed copy and pay a non-refundable application fee of five thousand (5,000) naira using the generated application number.
- Complete the Application: Re-visit the Benue State University portal and click on Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies to complete and submit the application form.
- Submission of Credentials: Print a copy of the completed form and attach all relevant photocopies of credentials (Payment receipt, WASSCE and/or NECO Result(s), Local Government Certificate of Origin, Birth Certificate, 3 passport photographs) and submit to the Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies office.
Closing Date for Applications
Applications for the Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies Programme will close on Friday, 24th November 2023.
This post serves as a comprehensive guide for prospective students looking to gain admission into Benue State University’s Pre-VTS Programme for the 2023/2024 academic session. It provides a detailed overview of the available programmes, entry qualifications, and the application process. Interested candidates are encouraged to review the requirements and apply before the closing date.